Tuesday 22 March 2011

Pascal's infuriating triangles, and M-14s!

So, at Tafe we're trying to write a program which tells one the value of any given row/position of a Pascal triangle. Pascal triangles are simple enough in theory, as you will see below:



So yeah, there's a fairly distinguishable pattern within the triangle, however, I may impale myself on one by Friday if I can't figure this damned coding out. I'm fairly sure I have the method I need, but syntax errors are a bitch.

Anywho, onto a more pressing matter: The M-14 Semi-automatic rifle in Call of Duty: Black Ops (Commonly referred to by my manager Luke as "Blops") has gained a new spot in one of my 5 custom loadouts. While it is obviously a horrible choice for the likes of Nuketown and some of the other smaller maps, it remains an effective weapon, and can achieve the ROF of a regular Assault Rifle given your finger has a nervous twitching disorder or somesuch. 2 shots is effectively a kill, apart from those goddamn Second Chance assholes. Yes, I'm calling you out! Take death like a man and stay down.

Here's the seemingly wonderful rifle:



While not as effective as the FN FAL in some cases, this gun retains a place in history as an effective War and Hunting rifle. With that said, I shall go and make my Butter Chicken frozen dinner, which taste oddly delicious for a non-name-brand meal. (For any Australians reading, try the Coles brand Butter Chicken. It's worth it!)

So, comment- and discussion-wise, what's your favourite main weapon in Black Ops, along with your Attachment(s)? It'd be great to hear from those who're reading this!

Ciao!

5 comments:

  1. cool triangle system, following

    ReplyDelete
  2. This got me really thinking ^^

    PS. annoying word verification system you have ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, word verification, the bane of all things wonderful. I didn't intentionally put it in, so I shall remove it now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a math major so pascal triangles are a breeze

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good article, too bad i ain't that smart to understand math that well ;(

    ReplyDelete